Sunday, November 19, 2006

Japan is treating me well...

Lately I've been having some awesome Japan time. It's just all coming together. So much that I really don't even want to bother going back to Hawaii to finish my degree. BUT... I will. Because I don't quit things... even when it's REALLY tempting. ;-) Haha...
Last week there was a big kendo tournament that I went to watch... and I took my camera and took some really cool pictures... so I thought I'd share. :-)
This is an action shot.... a tiny bit blurry... but that's how you can tell they're moving. Haha... This pic is actually warm up between Yamamoto-sempai and Kawaguchi-sempai. They're both really, really good... very fun to watch as well.









This is a pic of the girls all lined up removing their men (helmets)... I just thought it looked cool is all. :-) The boys are further down in the blue.




This is a really cool, samurai-esque picture of our captain, Yamamoto-sempai. I just managed to click this one and thought it looked really cool. Very much like the lone warrior or something. Heehee... you get all sorts of funny ideas when watching kendo... but it is really inspiring at the same time. :-)













This next picture is of Toda-sempai. I just got this at the right time. It's just a really cool picture and I had to share it. :-) I may not be a great photographer.... but sometimes I get lucky.




This is the last pic.... it's a pic of the girl sempai (means older, wiser members). They just happened to be sitting around in their cool happi (ha-py; jacket things) in a semi-circle like that. I just thought it was cool. :-)

Anyway, there are my kendo pics. There's TONS more, but not enough time to post them all. ;-)

love,

a

2 comments:

Em said...

Do you realize that you described every picture you posted as "cool?" Though I agree, they are cool, I think you should expand your vocabulary. Weren't you an English major or something?

Alisha said...

haha... but all my english is flying out my head... plus, i posted all that late at night. brain was mush by the time i was doing that. :-P seriously, my vocab is appalling now!!