Friday, November 12, 2010

Hiking Pictures!!

At the end of October, Shimon, Kato (Shimon's good friend), and I went hiking. At one time there was a well-marked and well-maintained trail. That was at least 10 years or more ago. It was an adventure! To show just how much an adventure it was... here are the pics. :-)


This was just starting out. Notice how nice it looks. A great day for a hike!




Oh wait, there's a river. The river is quite clear and runs pretty quickly.





Yup, we have to cross the river! Here are the guys preparing a log bridge for our eventual crossing. The sad thing about this particular crossing is that we had gotten a bit "lost" and were on the wrong part of the trail.




Really the scenery was quite nice. Even if it was a bit overcast.

 Here's another river crossing. How come it looks so easy in the picture?? It was a lot more difficult than this shot would make it seem. :-)


Lunch time!! Instant ramen (yup, cup o' noodles folks!!) and rice with some chocolate for dessert! Gotta love it.



Not sure when this shot was taken, but I really like how much green there is!

Getting ready again after the rain started. Blah! Not a fan of hiking and crossing rivers in the rain!
Getting closer to the waterfall (which is the final destination!).




This is a rather unclear shot of the waterfall, but this is as far as I went. What with the rain and the slippery conditions Shimon didn't want me to get hurt, so I waited for the guys at the bottom. To be fair, I was tired and didn't mind waiting.

This is what the guys got to see. Pretty cool really!


Victory!! We finally made the waterfall and needed a victory picture!! Shimon's in the middle, Kato in the red, and me.

Rushing on the way back, I climbed over a log and my momentum landed me just like this. Haha!

We only made it back just before dark. On our way back we actually ran into some people who were lost... and totally unprepared for the weather we were hiking in.... and they didn't have a proper map. So, we helped them find the way back and kept thinking - man they are really silly to come out on a day like to day so unprepared!

I'm not sure I'll volunteer for this hike again right away, but I think I might like to do it sometime in the future. When it's a bit warmer!

hope you enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

Em said...

Looks like a beautiful hike, despite the rain. With two kiddos, I've become sort of a hiking wuss. A little rain wouldn't have fazed me. Now, I don't want the wee ones to get wet, so even the threat of rain can keep me home.

Alisha said...

I wouldn't call yourself a wuss... you're looking out for your own well-being (and sanity, I'm betting). If your kiddos get sick, especially at the same time, you would NOT have a great few days... or weeks even. :-) No little ones yet, but I'm sure I'll be the same when I have some of my own! :-)

Alisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.