Wednesday, December 15, 2010

5 days

Nope, this isn't a countdown.

It's the number of days I have to get Christmas shopping and wrapping done for Shimon. He's gone for the next five days. While I'll miss him, it'll give me the opportunity to get some much needed shopping and wrapping done.

With young kids, keeping things under wraps can be hard. I know when I was a kid, we were always in every closet trying to discover where the presents were hidden. (My parents were clever and we usually only found random unmarked, already wrapped boxes.)

Now, imagine an adult who never went through the Christmas rituals that we all did and is quite amused and curious about it all. That's Shimon. Also add to the fact that we often shop together on the weekends... and you can see my dilemma of finding and hiding presents. Afterall, presents are meant to be a surprise.

SO... this week is a bit of a gift. I get to get more ready for the holidays... and he will be surprised! Win-win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already exchanged presents with my husband!!

We just couldn't wait!

We should still have presents from my family to open on Xmas Day though :D

Alisha said...

Both of us are slow on the buying... I know what I'm getting for him but just have to get it. I think he's a bit stumped on me. I think I'll ask for boots. :-) I really want some!!