Thursday, February 03, 2011

A dress...

So... I have officially chosen a dress! Yay! One MAJOR thing down and many others left to go... haha.

I'm not going to put it up, because who knows whether out of a whim Shimon would check this blog. If you're interested in seeing a picture, drop me a mail and I'll send you a pic.

The next dilemma is shoes. I still need to fax measurements to the dress folks. And in the list of measurements they want to know the height of heel that I'll be wearing. I'm going back and forth between a kitten heel (3-5cm) or flats. I don't wear heels that often and Shimon is not that much taller than I am. Plus, the wedding is going to be outside and I want to be completely comfortable. If I wore heels a lot, I'd be less reluctant to go with heels, but I don't.

Any advice for wedding shoes?? I'm just curious what other people have done or are thinking about this mini-dilemma.

Hope everyone is staying warm! Especially folks who are in areas that are being battered with snow!!!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

I wore flat sandals. My wedding was outdoors as well, followed by an outdoor reception, and I wanted to be comfortable. They were white, and pretty, and at the end of the day I didn't have any blisters. :)

PS - I'd love to see a pic of the dress! My email is jaimelyndavis@yahoo.com. :)

Alisha said...

I'm leaning towards sparkly flats!! But I'm going to go try shoes on (just for height purposes) with Shimon tomorrow.

Em said...

Show me the dress lady!

I wore ballet flats for the ceremony.
(and *ahem* my running shoes at the reception. yes I did. seemed fitting.)

JEN said...

Go for the flats--no question! I wore my racing flats for the ceremony and reception and my feet/legs/back couldn't have been happier. They had sparkly shoe laces :) and my dress was long enough that you didn't see them for the formal photos. If you don't normally wear heels, I would not do it all day for your wedding. But that's just my two cents :)
...and of course I would love to see pics of your wedding dress :)

Melissa said...

I would love to see your dress :) I hope all is going well!