Sunday, March 06, 2011

Shoes and Rings!

So... after all of the struggles with dress sizes, I've been somewhat silent on the wedding prep front.

The main reason for the silence is a combination of laziness and just too much going on!

Things that have been going on include: deciding on a dress color for bridesmaids, choosing flowers I like (red gerbera daisies), to have a DJ or a band (DJ won out), catering decisions, etc... Other things going on include: freaking out about trying to find a job for next year (one of my current schools decided to use a different company to supply its teachers next year), help a friend also find a job (kind of), and other miscellaneous things that go along with the end of the Japanese school year.

Last weekend, Shimon and I ended up going into the shop to choose and buy our wedding bands. In Japan a lot of women do not wear their engagement rings after they get married (such a waste if you ask me). So most wedding bands are not meant to go along with an engagement ring. That being the case and the fact that I want to wear my engagement ring along with my wedding band our choices of rings were fairly limited. Luckily we found a nice pairing (if not exactly a pair) of rings. To top it all off, they had a sale going on (part of why we wandered into the shop in the first place!). Our rings will be ready for pick up on April 2nd.

Also in big(gish) news, I found shoes!! I think they will be comfortable for the wedding and wearable after. AND they were a steal!! (Roughly $60!) I was feeling so happy over finding wedding shoes that I was inspired to by a second pair of shoes at the same shop. :-)

I will try to keep updated on wedding things from now on.., I'm sure I'll have lots to post coming up and I may even ask for opinions!!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

So did you decide on heels? Open or closed toe? Strappy? Give some details!!! :)

Congrats on the rings, too. We bought mine in Fairbanks (we went down for a weekend, since we were living in Barrow at the time of our engagement) but we didn't find Josh's until three days before the wedding while searching frantically in a jewelry store in Phoenix... kind of last minute, I know!

Alisha said...

Holy cow!! 3 days before the wedding!?!? That's a little last minute. ;-)

Shoes are a wedge (not very tall at all!) and creamy-goldish with a slight open toe. I think I might not wear nylons (open toe), so I'm going to have to try breaking them in before the wedding if I hope to avoid blisters.

It's nice to have some of the big purchases taken care of... now for the rest of everything!