Friday, March 16, 2012

6 weeks!

This week Touma is six weeks old. How did the time fly?? He's already looking so different from when we first brought him home from the hospital. I can't believe how quickly he's growing and how different he is with each passing day. I am starting to understand why people keep saying to enjoy this time because it's over too quickly. :-)

Touma already has some favorite things... he loves his bath, likes to be on the move as much as possible (mostly strapped to Shimon or me), he likes napping somewhere other than his crib (with mom in bed or on top of mom's chest), he likes music (especially the Stephen Colbert rendition of "Friday" and Motown)... I could go on, but there's too much to list up properly.

One thing I'm grateful for is that Touma doesn't like a messy diaper... I'm hoping that this means that he'll have less diaper rash. So far (knock on wood!) we've been really lucky!

Last week we started cloth diapering full time. There's still some things that I need to figure out and I still have to buy a few more diapers, but all and all it's been a pretty easy transition. I am mostly using all in ones and ones that require a cover (I'm still not totally up on the lingo), but on occasion I throw him in a prefold with a cover as well. Prefolds are great during the week when we're at home just the two of us! Dad would probably not want to mess with prefolds, but for me it's no biggie and they're really good for when he just wets.

Now for some pictures...

This was taken at about 3 weeks... he's making his fishy face!

This was taken at about 5 weeks... very serious boy we have.
He's not always serious... he is definitely a smiley guy.
We had a very good time while my mom was here. This was a typical naptime for Touma when she was here.
He also likes sleeping with Daddy too!
I've been bad at keeping up with my blog, but I'm pretty sure that everyone understands. I'll try to find more time to at least add pictures. It's also good for me to keep a record of how things are changing. :-)

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Precious! Thanks for sharing the cute pics. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you worry at ALL about keeping up on your blog sweetie! He is precious!! Congratulations again! They do grow quickly and before you know it they start school and then time REALLY speeds up! Just wait til he is walking, or until he starts talking and says mommy, or when he learns to count, reading!! Oh the list goes on and on! So many AMAZING things ahead for you and Shimon! Enjoy as much as you can, we all have hard days so don't stress over them okay! *hugs* Take care hun!!

Niki

Daniel-san said...

He's so cute!

Ricky said...

It's interesting to hear about the diapers in Japan. They must have their own companies for both cloth diapers and disposables? In about 1960 we had a Japanese missionary visit us. She mentioned that Japanese (back then)often made diapers out of old cotton kimonas. She said it was interesting to see the colorful clothes lines. Back then Europeans used cloth diapers and these were folded in a triangular shape and wrapped around the baby. "Soakers" (knitted pants) or rubber pants would hold them in place. Americans back then were usually using long white strips of cotton diapers which were folded and secured on each side with two safety pin. Maybe someone should write a book about the history of diapers .