Friday, July 18, 2014

Sleep, wherefore art thou, sleep

This week has been epically bad for sleep. The worst part is that I can't exactly point to one cause as to why. If I could, it might be easy to fix. 

1) Shimon is getting home earlier. 
When he was leaving the office at 10 or 11, it was easy to just go to bed. He'd get home so late that there was no point in staying awake. He'd only come home, shower, and go to bed anyway.

2) Little girl has a cold.
She has a cold and is waking twice instead of once at night. It wouldn't seem  like a big deal, but that extra waking has found us both falling asleep on the tatami at around 4am. She stays asleep, while I wake up super sore in the morning.

3) Toddler T hasn't decided to sleep until a certain time consistently. Generally speaking T wakes up at 6 or later. I can live with that. But then there's the occasional 5am wake up call if "Mama mama." This week that 5am conveniently fell in line with the Workd Cup final. So I didn't mind waking up. Problem? I haven't caught up on any sleep all week.

4) Being stupid. 
This one is all me. I should go to bed when all the crap is done around the house. That could be as early as 9. But do I?? No. I watch TV. Or work on class work for my online class. I usually do both. Then, by the time Shimon's almost home it seems silly to go to bed. So I wait for him.

Which lands me in the trouble I'm in now. I wake up feeling like a pile of poo. Feel that way most of the day. Go to bed feeling that way. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Next week, I vow to get to bed earlier. But for now, I'll just have to do my best to make it through the weekend.

Wow, I look "special."

No comments: