Wednesday, December 26, 2007

メリークリスマス! or Christmas in Japan!

Anyone who has ever spent a Christmas away from home in a foreign country has discovered that Christmas is different in every country around the world. :-) Well, in Japan Christmas is something of a cross between Christmas and Valentine's Day... as in the couples fill the streets and it becomes a huge date day. I wish I were joking... despite this weird contortion, this year was a pretty good year for pre-Christmas activities. The weekend before Christmas my friends and I went to have a look at some of the Christmas lights displays around Tokyo.

The first pic makes it look like there's snow in Tokyo... the second is an OCEAN of Christmas lights.
   

Then there is Christmas day... my friend Will and I got our "cook" on and made a pretty decent Christmas dinner.



The finished product...


  


The food was great... and the day was a pretty good one even though it was exactly like it would have been at home. It was close... and it's being with the people you love that really counts - friends or family.

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

J Scott said...

Hey Alisha congrats on the 1-Kyu! That's HUGE! Good to see you're still in Japan. Wish I was...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
-Scott