Thursday, October 26, 2006

Tales from Japan...

I am daily struck by how amusing Japan is... it just is. I think the main source of my amusement is the fact that there are SO many contradictions that are inherent to this place. For instance, you have the history of the samurai... the warrior... there are still people who follow the code of the warrior (mostly in the form of martial arts)... and then on the flip side, you have some of the most androgenous human beings I've ever seen. Yesterday, for instance, in the grad student lounge there were two of the most girlie "men" (hard to really call them men as they were most likely somewhere around the age of 22 or 23) I'd ever seen. I even had to do a double-take to check if one was wearing make-up!!

SO... let this be a lesson to you all... men, be men.... and girls... just be! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or you could just let people be who they want to be.

Alisha said...

but where's the fun in that??