Tuesday, October 10, 2006

More adventures up north!

Well, I couldn't resist going up north this past weekend. We had a 3 day weekend and I won't get up there for awhile yet... so I just took off and went. This time I took my kendo gear and practiced twice over ther weekend!!! I managed to get a few really great bruises... and slightly pulled my tricep. All should be well by the time practice rolls around on Thursday. Just gave the ol' arm a rest tonight. Thought that would be best...

Ok... I have a plethora (sp??) of pictures to post... so I'm going to do it in waves. The first batch is going to be playing AFTER kendo. Didn't get any kendo pics (as I was practicing) but did get some pics of kids afterwards.
These charming boys are Takuro (the bigger kid) and Ryutaro they were sitting behind me and my friend Kirsty during the lunch after kendo (imoni kai). They were fun to play with (ie tickle their feet) during the meal. Heehee... and were good sports about taking pictures!

And here's the same, spunky Ryutaro thumb wrestling with Kirsty. He was so cute... but very resigned to the fact that he was going to lose. So resigned that he didn't give much of a fight... but it was funny how he went about losing. :-) I could just take that kid home with me!! What a cutie!! ;-)


Proof that there are some games that don't cross the culture boundaries. Yup, you've got it... this game is basically a game where if you lose (at rock/paper/scissors) you get to pinch your opponents cheek... and ultimately "win." Geee... that sounds like... FUN!?!?!


The second picture there is what it really looks like when you lose and your opponent has ahold of both of your cheeks and you haven't got either of his!! Fun game, huh?? Had to take a couple of pictures of this one...

Well, there's your fun update from Japan. Classes are in full swing now, so I won't be jaunting off anywhere very cool for awhile. I'll probably have to confine my travels to the Tokyo area. That'll be good because I'm very unfamiliar with this area. :-)

Hope all is well wherever you are!
Take care!

No comments: