Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Why do people have cats?

I used to be a dog person. Not even a mild-mannered dog person. I was a semi-militant dog person. The only cats that I used to like were my friend Melissa's cat, Katrina (r.i.p.), and the new cat, Sophie after her. That's it. I didn't like most cats because, well, they didn't really like me.

As most of you may know, I am now the mommy of a little (not for much longer!) cat called Suzu. She is lovely! She is friendly and nice. The only fault I have is that she doesn't instinctively crawl up on my lap to cuddle when I've had a bad day. Maybe that will come with time.

I've decided that one of the many reasons that people own cats is because they are extremely entertaining. Not in the way that dogs are entertaining... but very independently entertaining. For instance, my little cat chases bugs. And makes quite a spectacle while doing so.

Another way she entertains is by trying to go after things that are just out of her reach... outside the window. Most of the time it's birds or the wind rustling in the trees outside. Today it was an electric company worker who was doing a bit of work outside our window. She was very interested for the 20+ minutes the guy was outside the window. I tried to get her to turn around to no avail!!


I was very amused by this shot! Hope it makes you smile too. :-)

No comments: