Saturday, March 13, 2010

My mom's here!

So, my mom is here from the States. We have had a really busy schedule so far. The day mom arrived, my boyfriend's mom also arrived. She had really wanted to meet my mom and so she came up all the way from her home in Shimonoseki (a 6 hour train ride - on a fast train!).

Last Sunday, we all met around 11:30 am at my mom's hotel room in a place called Sakuragicho in Yokohama. The weather was horrible. We spent the day walking a short distance and then going inside for a warm-up and then going out again. It was pretty intense and cold!

That evening we had a lovely formal dinner at a restaurant called Scandia. It was amazing! All of the food was delicious, but what was also important was that the setting was nice and also quiet. I was doing all of the translating that day... and in order to facilitate things I needed to be able to hear. The restaurant was perfect for that.

Pictures will follow... I have to get them off my mom's camera! :-)

3 comments:

Em said...

Hoorah! I'm so happy your mom has come for a visit and I hope that you all have a great time together! Oh, Alisha, how I wish we could come visit you, but it's just not in the cards right now. Miss you!

Jaime said...

I love it when my mom comes to visit, too! :) I'm glad she's there with you... I hope the weather cooperates during some of her stay. :)

Alisha said...

I'm updating my blog slowly... formatting pics is really annoying SO... I'll be updating those slowly. ;-)

Em, I wish you could come too sometime. You'll have to bring your adventurous little girl with you... once she can remember it!