Sunday, August 29, 2010

Surprises

I like surprises. Sometimes I moan a bit at Shimon that we don't have many surprises between the two of us. Well, he proved he has the ability to surprise today.

He went into work on Saturday to get ready for a very busy week. He called and asked if I wanted to go with him somewhere after work. I said sure and we met up (he actually had to take something to a client... so we met afterwards).

We ended up going to Enoshima (about an hour and a bit outside of Tokyo). It was right before sunset and I had just told Shimon that I had seen Mt. Fuji on my way to meet him... we walk toward the sea and low and behold... a lovely silhouetted Mt. Fuji with nice sunset colors. Nice!!

For dinner we ended up in a nice Italian restaurant on the terrace with cool evening breezes blowing. After that we walked around the Enoshima area. Saw the fattest stray cat I've ever seen!! And enjoyed a lantern display that led around some of the famous areas of the island.

There were even fireworks going from a distance when we started our walk on the island. Wow! For a spontaneous, surprise date everything fell into its lovely, romantic place. Surprises are wonderful... :-)

Hope you have some surprises today!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I love this! Surprises are wonderful, as are date nights, so surprise date nights set the stage for a perfect evening! :)

Alisha said...

Right! :-)