Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back to school...

Now, I realize that most teachers in America have already been back to school for a week or more. I realize that those same teachers might object to my whining about being tired and not ready to go back... sympathy may be non-existent. Well, what I have to say to those teachers is... you get nearly a 3 month break to recover... I got roughly 6 weeks! I think I have earned my right to a few whiny moments.

I was SO not ready for my alarm to go off this morning. In fact, I woke up with a start and rushed around so much (afraid I was going to be late) that I was earlier than I normally am... even when I'm early.

In the time I was off of school I had managed to forget my lovely commute and the walk to school. A commute with three train changes, standing room only and a nice 15 minute walk in scorching heat is not my idea of a good way to start my day. However, in the weeks off I'd forgotten all about those parts of work. I remember them all to clearly again, now.

I have to say that actually teaching and being back in the groove wasn't bad. It was the post-teaching lull that was bad. By the time I left school at the end of the day I was ready to roll into bed. Luckily I get a nicer day tomorrow. Better commuting time (around 11:30am) and a better train (I'll definitely get a seat) and most of all a more cheerful school! :-) Whew! Back to school time makes me tired!!


Hope everyone else is having a lovely day!

No comments: