Thursday, January 20, 2005

Body surfing for beginners...

So... after I finished a long day of teaching at elementary school, I kept good on my promise to visit the kindergarten nextdoor. So, the kids were so excited to see me that within 5 minutes I was being mobbed by 4 and 5 year olds. Which is fine, in fact all of them wanted to hug and talk to me at the same time. Quite a sight actually... the thing that occurred to me first off was "this is a perfect crowd for body surfing." Now that sounds weird, but they were packed in so closely that I wouldn't have touched the ground...

I must say, that if you ever need a pick-me-up (and I'd already had a GREAT day!!)... go to kindergarten (this might only apply if you're in Japan). The kids will make you feel like a movie star. I know I've been spouting the virtues of kids this week... but I'm just constantly amazed at how amazing they are.

Anyway, I have to get my beauty sleep... I'm knackered and I have a seminar to get ready for in the morning. Wheee... wish me luck! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well when your right you right