Saturday, January 15, 2005

I'm no good at that...

Now all of you know... I don't take too well to doing things I'm not good at. In fact I avoid all things that I'm bad at... sports in particular. So, things like softball, tennis, volleyball, golf... and even basketball... I generally avoid... like the PLAGUE!

Ladies and gentlemen... I'm proud to announce I played basketball today! Of my own free will (more astonishing still!). Every year at this time of year there's a mini-tournament at the special high school in Tsuruoka. The people playing include kids from the local orphanage, students and alumni... oh, an ALTs as well. I decided to play basketball instead of snowboarding. Which, considering the amount of joy I get from boarding (lots) as compared to the joy I get from basketball (not much), is saying a lot.

I'm pleased to report that I had a pretty good time. I just ran around a lot and caught and passed. Shooting being my main weak-point, I left that to others. However, I was warming-up beforehand (read: pissing about) and I made 6 baskets! Count them 1-2-3-4-5-6!! I NEVER make that many baskets, ever!! Needless to say I was really chuffed with myself. :-)

The rest of the day I cleaned my house and ran. The new Ibex sports gear my parents sent me for Christmas ROCKS!!! I had the shirt and a jacket on... and was perfectly warm on top. The tights are amazing... and I haven't tried out the vest yet, but I'm sure it'a AWESOME!! THANKS MUM AND DAD!!!! :-)

There's a bit of a get together at my house tonight... I think it's going to be fairly low-key... I'd actually rather snuggle up with a cup of tea and a movie, but whatever... I've been really anti-social since coming back from NZ, so tonight should be good...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anti-social hey? Me too!