Saturday, March 31, 2007

Fun Day!

So, yesterday was a really great day. The weather was really great (kind of windy, but good none the less). The cherry blossoms were blooming all over Tokyo and I was on a date with a really nice guy. :-) We went to the opening of a newly renovated section of Tokyo... it has very posh shopping and posh restaurants. It also has a new building designed by Ando Tadao, a world-famous Japanese architect. After going there, we went to Roppongi Hills and went to the Mori Art Museum... on the same floor is an amazing viewing area. You can see all of Tokyo! It's great! I have some fuzzy pics (I forgot my camera!) taken with my cell phone. What's the killer is that Mt. Fuji was out and looking awesome, but because I didn't have my camera you can't see it. :-( Oh, well... another time.
This was just a few minutes before the sun really went down... we got an awesome show while we sat there... every few minutes the horizon would change. It was really cool.
Tokyo Tower... very fuzzy... but you can make it out!!





Night sakura (cherry blossoms)... I actually took this two nights ago after kendo. Really pretty, eh?? The whole city is in bloom!!













This is Tsumabuki Satoshi. He's one of my and Lauren's favorite Japanese actors and is the new face of Pepsi Next! The new billboards are all over Tokyo. Heehee... they are REALLY amusing. :-)


Yesterday, in addition to just having a great day. I saw tons of little kids out and about. They are SO cute!! I want one... my date kept insisting that white kids are cuter, but I totally disagree!! Japanese kids are SO adorable... you just want to take out home. :-) Anyway... hope everyone likes the pics...

A

3 comments:

Em said...

who's the date?

Em said...

Also .. posh shopping? Posh restaurants. Yep, that's what I think of when I think Alisha. Posh.

Alisha said...

Hahahaha... posh! that's SO me!! I know... will write you an email ALL about it! ;-)