Monday, March 26, 2007

A Japanese Wedding!

I had the great experience of being able to go to my friend Peter's wedding yesterday. It was amazing! Very Japanese, but with the addition of several Americans it had a touch of "American-ness." If you'll allow me a word creation. Even in America, the bride should really be the most beautiful woman at the wedding. Well, in a traditional Japanese wedding, the bride wears the most beautiful and elaborate kimono... which means that she really is the most beautiful person present... hands down!!
The reception was amazing... the food was good, the drink flowed freely and everyone seemed to have a great time. I can't wait to go to my next Japanese wedding... in June! Yay!!

Here are a few pictures....















After the ceremony (l to r): Me, Peter, Sam and Junko















Peter and Junko. Junko has changed into her colored kimono.















You can only kind of see the men onstage... we had a great drum and flute/shamisen (3-stringed Japanese instrument!) duo for entertainment. Really great!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When's your turn?! :)

Alisha said...

my turn?? i have no idea!!!