Saturday, September 15, 2007

Pictures...

My mom visited in July... we took pictures with her camera mostly, so I've only gotten the copies today. Here are some of the highlights...

This was a picture taken out in Kawagoe City, Saitama. It was a pretty rainy day, but we were determined to do something. So we met up with my friend Gabe and headed out. Even though it looks really rainy, it wasn't that bad. :-)

When she was in Japan, Mom got to see me practice kendo for the first time. Afterwards, we took a kendo girls picture to commemorate. There were only a few girls that day... but it was still a great picture.


We also visited Shinjuku-Gyouen, formerly the Royal families private garden, but now open to the public. It was amazingly peaceful and nice. Mom loves gardens so she really enjoyed this spot, as did I.

These were all taken at the park. I think they're pretty good... There was so much to see that we just couldn't do it all!


We had lunch one day with my friend Shin-chan. She's from Taiwan and let us try a bunch of different Taiwanese treats that her family and friends had sent. It was really a treat!


We also got to participate in tea ceremony. From left: teacher, mom, me, my friend Kassandra, and the other teacher. (Never got their names, just said "sensei.") It was really a great experience, but it reaffirmed my choice to do kendo. I'm definitely NOT graceful enough for tea ceremony!! :-)

Here's the end of part 1... there's SO many pictures!!

No comments: