Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Summer of Drama!

And I don't mean for me!! Yay!! hahaha... I mean the summer of the Japanese Drama. I am HOPELESSLY addicted to two dramas at the moment: First Kiss and HanaKimi. They are very silly... and could even be characterized as guilty pleasures. But I love them!! And now that fall has arrived (along with rain and the possibility of typhoons), I am even more inclined to ignore the real world and just watch my dramas.

First Kiss is about a heart patient who returns from LA to Tokyo to visit her brother whom she hasn't seen in over 10 years. Ro, do you recognize the guy in the bottom middle pic?? If not, I'll give you another pic and a hint. He's from one of our FAVE movies!! And I must say, he's looking awfully hot in this pic. ;-)


Next drama... is the one that can really be called the guilty pleasure. It's called Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (HanaKimi for short!). It's based on a manga (silliness alert!!). AND... the basic story line is that a girl sneaks into an all-boys school that is renown for picking their students for their good looks. Girl sneaks in to help one of the guys start high jumping again... and so the story spins. The subtitle for the series is: Ikemen Paradise = Hottie Paradise!! You be the judges.

This is the full cast... best ones? As follows... Oguri Shun.


He's been in other dramas that I like as well... so he's bound to be one of my faves! Then there's Ikuta Toma. Newish face... but the funniest character in this drama.

The only person missing from the bunch is YamaP (Yamashita Tomohisa). With him the show really would be a Hottie Paradise for everyone to enjoy!! ;-)

4 comments:

Em said...

So, have you met your own hottie yet? Hope things are going well for you, deary! I miss you tons!

Alisha said...

No hottie for me yet... still looking! I miss you too Em!!

FunkyChicken said...

I'd like to wet my whistle on that!

What time and when are these dramas on?

Alisha said...

I haven't been watching them on TV... since I don't own a TV. I've been downloading them off of sars or d-addicts. :-) First Kiss is on Monday's at 9... and I think that HanaKimi is on Tuesdays at 9... maybe 8. Not quite sure. Ganbare!!