Friday, January 21, 2011

A Date!

So... we finally set our wedding date last week!! It will be July 23rd, 2011 in Fairbanks, Alaska. :-)

In my excitement over having found a date, I did not set aside time to freak out over maybe not being able to find a dress. That's right. Apparently, many wedding dress designers are already busy with orders up to June. Which means if I want a dress before July, I need to get a move on. Also, I originally had not considered buying a dress in Japan... but I'm increasingly convinced that it will probably be the easiest thing. Flying to Seattle to choose a dress in March (provided there are places with dresses) and then getting it made.... and sent to me in Japan for fittings... eek!

Today is my first official dress adventure! I'm going to a dress shop just to look (not try on) at some dresses. If I like what I see, then I will make an appointment to try dresses on at a later date. (Not too much later, though!)

Wish me luck! Things are getting more interesting with each day!!

4 comments:

Em said...

Boooo! No, Alisha! Too soon, too soon!! We cannot plan a trip to Alaska on that short of notice. And Jason is in class in Montana for the month of July. Crud. I had really hoped to make it to your wedding (assuming I was invited). But aside from my personal pout, just ignore me.

What I'm really here to say is Congratulations, again. We are so happy for you. I'm happy you've set a date. One more thing to cross off the "to do" list. Good luck with the dress shopping.

Alisha said...

Awwww... SO bummed!! It was this year or wait an entire year before we get married... and wasn't really stoked about that. It's 7 months... which I guess when you factor kids in you need more time. And of course you're invited... just sad you can't make it. :-(

Jaime said...

Fabulous! I can't wait to hear about the trials of dress shopping. :)

Suzanne said...

Hey, wait.... have you been in Seattle? Are you coming to Seattle? Let me know!