Monday, January 09, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

First I should apologize for being so bad!! I didn't have much time during finals or during the Christmas holidays to put anything up on my blog. And there's so much to report now!! ;-)

Finals week was CRAZY!! It was all I could do to get through it without catching a cold during the middle of it all. But as soon as I hit send on my paper that was due on Friday... I got a cold!! Eeeek! I was sick about the first week while I was at home... but after that I was pretty good. :-)

The day after I arrived in Fairbanks, my friend Kirsty flew in. She came to spend an Alaskan Christmas with my family and I. We had SO much fun! Among the list of things that we did: snow-machining, dog mushing, watched 2 hockey games (YAY UAF!!!!!), xc skiied, played with my puppy, etc. It was really great! And now Kirsty is an unofficial member of the Smyth family. ;-) Seriously!! We had such fun!!

I arrived back in Hawaii after an amazing holiday and headed right up to campus for a meeting with my advisor. Basically I DO want to go study in Japan next year... after too much time has gone by some of the choice programs are full... but that doesn't put me out of the running. :-) Which is good to know. I've got to go meet with the study abroad coordinator tomorrow after I get done with my one class! (I tried to get all my classes to be on T/TH, but that got all messed up when one section was closed of the Japanese class that I need to take... the one that fit perfectly. Anyway... wish me luck with sorting all that stuff out. It would be really great to go back to Japan as a student. It'll be a totally different experience than before.

Anyway... that's the brief update! I'll try to be better about updating things on here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not even a mention of Jason in this holiday blogtacular!? Alright. We see where we stand...