Friday, September 22, 2006

BIG Yamagata update!

Ok... so last weekend/this week, I spent a lot of time back in Yamagata. Shonai to be exact. It was kind of weird in one way, because it kind of felt like I didn't belong. But in another way, it felt like I was finally home. i got to see some of my old students, I even got to help teach a few classes. Man, am I ever glad I'm not still doing that job. Filling in for a bit was fun, but 3 years of doing English lessons all day was quite enough. So... the following are some pics from my time up north... heck, north is always where I feel comfortable!

Me at Haguro on the red bridge... Ahhhh... I love that place!!
It also helped that the weather was absolutely gorgeous that day too!!



This is a pic taken from Haguro of the Shonai plain. Can't see it too well, but it's there... and you can tell that it was really nice and sunny that day too! Could hardly believe it. :-)
This one is a great Bond-girl pose, don't you think?? These little 4th graders were all playing with airsoft guns (surely they're a bit young!?!) so we had to pose like this. Was really funny seeing how these kids have grown up a bit. :-)

This last one is me and one of my old students, Naoya. He's currently studying to get into the pilot's program for the Japanese Self-Defense force (Jieitai). He's a really bright kid and I can't wait to see what he does next, once he graduates high school. :-)

These are just a small sampling of pics... there's LOTS more. May have to do an update part 2 or something. Hope you like this sample, I had tons of fun at "home."
Love you all!

No comments: