Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ouch!

SO much for the keeping up the blog rhetoric... it's now Saturday... a week after I posted last. I've discovered the problem with me keeping up with my blog. When I get busy, I tend to neglect blogging. It's not that interesting things aren't happening. Nope. It's the fact that I'm too tired to do much else but watch the Daily Show when I get home at night! :-)

Well... a week in summary.

Last weekend, Shimon and I went on a great camping trip! It was just overnight, but it was exactly what I needed to recharge and relax. We did a bit of canoeing, had a campfire and enjoyed being out in nature and not in the city. It was great!

This week I've been teaching an intensive course at a girls junior high school. It's good money, but honestly I don't think the girls are getting much from it. They simply don't have the English level to do civics lessons in English (that's the course, Civics in English!). And for just one week, it's insufficient to say the least.

Today is the last day of the course. I've decided to not make a real lesson, instead I had them look up information about the Olympics (sports in particular) and we're going to play a round of Jeopardy instead. I think it will be a big success and then we can end on an up note! :-)

There will be some camping pics up soon... :-)

No comments: