Friday, October 22, 2010

things that happen when you run...

Well, I have officially begun running again. I've managed 4 days this week (including last Sunday), which I figure is pretty good. :-) Now we all know that there are a lot of weird things that can happen when running.

Today I had the privilege of aiding a toad. Yup, that's right a toad. He was smack in the middle of the zebra stripes of a side road that I was running past. I nearly smooshed him actually. Well, I looked back to see what might happen to him and he nearly got run over by a bike!! (I think it actually ran over one of his legs!)

I just couldn't let Mr. Toad get run over... and as he was pointed directly at the main road and all it's busy traffic I decided he needed a little help. So, I picked him up behind his head and began looking for a bit of green to put him on. Now, in Japan it's a bit difficult sometimes. People don't have big gardens and yards to put a stray toad into. So... I went around the corner and saw some planters (they looked like they were just growing weeds) along the side of a house. I deposited the toad into the planter and continued on my run.

Since my run was an out and back, I ran past to see how the toad was doing. He had hunkered down and seemed quite pleased with his new surroundings.

Yay for random animal rescue opportunities!!

No comments: