Monday, June 11, 2012

Sleep schedule, day 1

So, I've read a lot about trying to schedule sleep for little ones. Until recently we've had a great sleep pattern... Mostly sleeping through the night or one night feeding. Well, last week we went back to waking twice a night. Now I realize this doesn't sound like much to those moms who have difficult sleepers, but it's taking it's toll on me.

Last night I decided that I'd try to have Touma nap on a schedule. My loose idea was to have him go down between 10:30 and 11 and let him sleep for up to two hours. Then have him nap from 3:30 or 4 for bout the same amount of time. Funny how, the moment I decide to try a schedule, things get in the way.

Touma was just about down for a nap when my family called on Skype. I would have ignored it  except the volume was loud and I thought that it might wake him up. As I go up to get it, Touma woke up so I took him with me. I thought that we'd talk a bit and then Touma would go down again semi-easily. Ha!!!

He was awake for the next hour and I gave up and decided to run errands. And that was when he decided to fall asleep.

We got  home after errands (he finally fell back asleep again on the walk home!) and I gently laid him down to try to have him get more sleep. No go! He woke up and didn't go back down again until 5:40 or so  (we got home around 3). He then slept until about 7:30 or so.

Now we're at 9pm and so far our post-bath routine has gone like normal (bath, play, nurse...), but all my plans for the day went completely awry! Here's to hoping tomorrow goes better!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Good luck. :) I have no experience with that - Josh's kids were 4 and 7 when we got married. But, my siblings have gone through/are going through the same "battle" with their kids. :)

Alisha said...

It's not quite a battle yet... but it could become one! Today has gone much smoother so far. :-)