Sunday, June 10, 2012

Teething has begun!

10 Signs that Touma is Teething:

1) His mouth has become a drool faucet.
2) He chews on his hands relentlessly.
3) He grabs any finger within reach, pulls it to his mouth and chews on it with a vengeance.
4) He doesn't suck his thumb, he chews it.
5) Likes his new teething ring, even when it's just out of the freezer.
6) He chews and pulls when nursing. (OUCH!!)
7) He's unusually fussy and sometimes even nursing doesn't help.
8) He has tried chewing on his snail toy (not a chewable toy at all!).
9) His napping has become more irregular than usual.
10)  Soon he will be chewing his newly discovered toes!

Now that Touma is 4 months, I figure that in a month or a little more he should be getting some teeth. My mom tells me that I got my first tooth around 5 months. Not sure if Touma will follow suit, but I won't be surprised if he gets his first tooth around the same time frame.

Lately we've been on a less normal sleeping schedule than we were at 3 months. We've had more nights with 2 wakings in the last week than we had during most of his third month. *Sigh* Momma's tired. So, I think that starting tomorrow I will be trying to keep track of nap times and not let them get too long and also tried to wear him out when he is awake. Also, I will be sure to nurse him good before I put him down for the night. We'll see how that plan works for the upcoming week. :-)

No comments: