Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Back to the grind...

So... Monday was the first day of class for the spring term here. If that sounds confusing, the run-down is that Japan's school year runs from April to March with breaks for summer, New Year and Spring. (That's the short version!) Like I was saying, classes start Monday. And it's Wednesday... and I'm TOAST!! Seriously... I am SO tired it's not even funny. I woke up to my alarm this morning and just remember thinking... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I know that's the normal reaction for most people, but generally I'm ok with waking up. This morning is probably a result of kendo last night (intense and wicked!!!) and having just started classes again.

Anyway... I don't have anything else to report other than that. Oh... my birthday is Saturday. I keep being reminded by the kendo girls... what's better is that the tradition is to drink the number of small glasses of beer for every year. So... my birthday twin, Murai, only has to drink 22 glasses... and I get 27. I have a feeling Saturday is going to be interesting. :-O

A

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Alisha.

I stumbled upon your blog in Blogger.com on looking for any blogs about kendo.

My name is Andrew, Shin, and in my country, Korea, Sangho is also my name. Where I live in is Seoul, Korea. And I'm a male, 29 years old.

I have a blog not in here but in Naver.com. If you have a little time, please visit my blog, blog.naver.com/shinanze.

I hope to see you at my blog.
Bye.

Anonymous said...

haha- sounds like you will have quite the night ahead of you on your birthday. Have fun and happy early birthday!