Monday, November 05, 2007

Running frustration...

Now, I've had a frustration with Japanese walkers for awhile. When walking on the sidewalk people walk one of three ways: on the left, on the right, or down the center. Not very useful because there is no way of predicting which walker you will encounter at any given time. Annoying!

I've recently started running again. (Yes, it's been over 6 months, but I'm on a 3 times a week schedule for now!) I get annoyed with these walkers under normal circumstances, but it's much more annoying when you are going at a rapid pace and you are face with people walking parallel to each other, in the same direction, walking nearly three abreast on the sidewalk. Not enough room to get past, but enough to want to try.

I realized this morning that people walking in the morning are on autopilot. They know their way to the train station based on instinct and they just go... without any awareness of their surroundings. I nearly took out a woman in heels who stopped in the middle of my path to wait for a light. Awareness people!! Seriously!

Ok... enough of my rant!:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got any nice parks near to where you live?

You could go running there!

Anonymous said...

wow- apparently the japanese and students at mizzou are cut from the same mold. i swear i can never walk anywhere on campus here without nearly running into people about every 4 feet because they are unaware of their surroundings. how's life treating you?