Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Hisashiburi!!

So... it's been awhile since I wrote anything on this blog... mainly because I had NO time!!! I'm officially in Hawaii... have been for the past 3 days. It seems SO much longer than that! It seems like at least a month. Glad it hasn't been... but at the same time it's kind of nice to be a little bit settled in. Yay!!
What I've been doing lately...
Sunday: I walked around my little area of Honolulu. Found myself a RadioShack and got a keitai (mobile phone). I wish it did as much as my old phone... alas, even as the phones get better here... they get EVEN better in Japan. How is that fair?? ;-) Eventually found a grocery store (yeah, it took all day, too!)... bought the bare necessities... a couple apples, nectarines (man I missed these in Japan!), peanut butter, jelly, bread and Suave Shampoo!! What did I ever do without 99 cent Shampoo!?!?! Haha...
Monday: I went to the orientation on campus... it was actually helpful. And, even better, I met some other grad students! Which was nice... there were people who knew less than I did. Which I must admit kind of felt good. haha! Instead of the boring campus tour... me and my new friend Megan did the "Amazing Race" version. REALLY fun!! Ran all over campus in my flip-flops... now I know where most of the important buildings are... and where the Japanese garden is... :-)
Today: Went to take my Japanese placement test... my reading and grammar are lacking... Hmmm... not a HUGE surprise there. Too bad there's no speaking section! And then had to get a TB test so that I could register... next thing on my list... online registration!! Wish me luck! ;-)

Hope all's well with everyone out there... send me a message or leave a message on here! Talk to ya'll soon!

A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so weird to go backward through this journal... I want to yell to this new keitai "Watch out!! You're going to die in a math of orange juice in just a few short months!!!"