Thursday, August 18, 2005

Wednesday's adventure...

Today, I braved the buses!! Oh, yes... it was really easy actually. :-) Apparently the transportation system (buses) in Honolulu (not sure, it might be all of Hawaii... have no idea) has been ranked the best in the country before. I caught the bus and headed down to the big shopping area... how easy! Took like 5 minutes and I was within a few blocks of the Wal-mart. Yeah, I HATE Wal-mart too... but ya know... when you're a poor grad student it's a great place for things like... hangers, towels, and laundry detergent!!
Before hitting the Wal-mart, I went to the huge mall just a block down... and crossed my fingers hoping to find an Old Navy. I wasn't disappointed... I indeed found what I was looking for!! And bought an on-sale yoga tank top (green!!). Mainly, I didn't want to only have things from Wal-mart today!! Then I came home...
The only discouraging thing that happened today was the fact that I got a letter in the mail from the credit card folks... without a credit card in it!! ARGH!! Hate to sound desperate and poor... but I need a credit card right now!! Eeeek! Anyway... Had to send proof that I actually live in Hawaii now... instead of in Fairbanks... let's hope that the card comes soon...

Anyway... hope all's well with all you out there... ttfn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me -- how's that green top we got you at the Bently Mall worked out? I demand to see at least ONE pic of this extremely flattering apparel!