Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hokey Pokey time!!

That describes yesterday for me! At a loss for what I wanted to do in class on Tuesday, I had a brainstorm that I should teach parts of the body... since all the kids already know Head-Shoulders... I really wanted to do a new song. And thus, I chose the Hokey Pokey!

Like all good teachers... I waited until the last minute to download and burn a copy of the hokey pokey off the internet... (wait, real teachers plan ahead you say!?) etc.

I had 2 third year classes to teach. The first class... was genki enough. They were pretty good fun, but a bit shy. I was a little worried about the second class... silly me!

I wish I had pictures... the second class was great! They were superstar Hokey-pokey-ers by the end!! Man, I wish I'd had a camera... so wish I'd had a camera!! Maybe I'll do an encore with them tomorrow... just so I can get pictures.

After lunch I then played with the 1st graders... only problem?? The little girls all wanted to touch me (hold my hand, yank on the back of my sweatshirt, etc) and all I wanted to do was say "stop it!!" Finally I found one of my fave kids and ran around hiding behind him (he's only a few inches smaller than me)... the girls thought I was joking. Shhhh... don't tell.... they were driving me batty!!

Have a great day!!

No comments: