Monday, February 14, 2005

Weekend Update and the Daily Show...

This weekend was a really good one... as 3-day weekends tend to be. :-) It was a nice girlie affair... had coffee, lunch, shopping and movies on Friday. The weather was too scary for boarding (really windy!). Saturday, weather be damned, Kirsty, Lauren and I were going boarding...

Saturday ended up being nicer than Friday. We put in a good few hours or boarding... it was great. I'm finally getting it! After threatening to quit altogether, Lauren's infinite patience won the day... and I ended up having a pretty good day. Had some really evil falls, but all in all I will conquer this front edge! I will.

Sunday... it was time for some serious exercise. SO... Lauren and I had lunch... and then hit the pool for a nice long swim. I love this swimming business... it's really fun to FINALLY know what I'm doing. Well, almost know what I'm doing. Being knackered I came home and zonked out in no time last night.

Today... Valentine's day!!

I hate this holiday, but you know what?? The kids were all so preoccupied with tests (they start tomorrow...) that no one even really mentioned the fact that it was V-day. Since I HATE this holiday... it was perfect for me.

I taught 4th years today. The first class... I could have smacked them ALL!!! Oh man... and I don't think I've felt quite that frustrated with Japanese kids before. I was really skeptical going in to the second class... they saved the day. They managed to really give the whole lesson a go... no pouting or sitting around not really doing anything. They were all into it!! Man, I love it when classes make my day. I really do!

Then I popped my head into the 1st years... more of my faves... Good day all around!

Went for a run... ended up biking... heading to the chiro tomorrow for the ol' knee. I've gotta get training for road races in the spring. :-)

There's the update... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel fitter already, just by reading your blog!