Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A Really Great Day...

Today I was at Tachi-chu. I generally like the school, but recently the principal (kocho-sensei) has been making my life a bit difficult... despite that I had a great day!

I had one 2nd year class... basically we played games the whole time. The teacher's not got any command of his class... and so whenever I come we play games. Funny thing... the kids listen to me better than they do the teacher... the only use they have for him is as a translator. Anyway... we just got to playing games and having an overall great time... making teams is the best idea ever. Some of the games we'd tried before... without much luck... but as soon as we assigned points... we had their attention!!

After that major success, I headed over to teach elementary school... 3rd years. Oh man!! These kids are SUCH good fun. Both classes are wicked and they're super genki about English. The best was AFTER lunch... we played cops and robbers!! I haven't nearly made myself sick during recess since I was in Elementary school. But today... yup, I had a stomach cramp that was KILLING me by the time the bell rang. Heehee... gotta love that. I'll be playing again tomorrow as well... :-) I love the chiddlies!

The fun doesn't end... I went to the gym. Had a nice little run... did some speed work, just a little to try out the knee (which is good, until I'm trying to sit seiza... then it kills!!). As I was finishing up... one of my kids realized I was in there (he sprained his ankle so had to bike)... we had a chat about training and why he wasn't with everyone else. Then went on our way. Well, this kid (Toshiki) is quite a good student... and he came over afterwards and started asking about music and stuff. (He noticed I had my MD player...) It was so out of the blue... while he's a great student, he's also really shy. I was SO chuffed!!

So, even though today was really normal... it was really nice. I like Japan a lot... again. I think this love-hate thing with Japan goes in cycles... today's a love day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we should start a haters club for Kocho sensei