Friday, February 25, 2005

Life's small pleasures

So after a very mediocre week, kendo tonight had been cancelled and my plans for coffee with my friend Nami also fell through, I met Lauren at Jusco for dinner. We had a nice dinner of curry katsu om-rice and then headed for coffee afterwards.

As we sat talking and looking at pictures of Lauren's kids... I looked over to my left and my favorite little boy, Yusuke, and his family were walking past. I gasped when I saw him, I was so surprised. I got up said hello and gave his older brother a high-5! I really wanted to give him a hug... but that might have scared his parents. I was SO chuffed!! He's such a cutie. Not 5 minutes later... one of his classmates, Yoshimitsu, and his family were riding up the escalator. How strangely coincidental that two of my favorite first graders were in Jusco at the same time as me? I waved at them and got huge smiles in return. Teaching here does have its rewards.

Then... to walk off our meal and coffee, Lauren and I went to Uniqlo. I found the PERFECT track suit! It's green... and great!

So... though tonight was entirely low-key... I managed to have a great night... because life has its own little unplanned pleasures to throw our way! :-)

No comments: