Monday, April 04, 2005

BEST Week!!

Ok... so this is a bit delayed, but last week was the BEST week ever!! I got to play with SO many of my former students!! That sounds a bit weird, but really it was play. ;-)

Wed. - Toru and Yuta... we met and did purikura and then a massive karaoke session!! See these two constantly fight about who's the bigger loser when they're around me! They try to put each other down in English. It's HILARIOUS!! That hilarity is compounded by the fact that Toru loves hip-hop... and calls himself... DJ TORU!!! I LOVE this kid!! ;-) Great day. At the end, I was given a pack of 4 MDs... all hip-hop, both Japanese and American. And... DJ Toru?? He can be my DJ anytime!!

Thurs. - I met Mio... she is one of my old eikaiwa kids from a few years ago. She's now in OT school in Yamagata City and was up for part of Spring Break. She's SO much fun. We had a nice chat... we'd not seen each other for about 8 months or more. So, we had loads to catch up on... plus, I know all of her siblings... so we chatted about them a bit as well. Esp. her little brother whom I still teach. He CRACKS me up! Then we went and tok purikura... SO fun!! Just the two of us doing it... was really hilarious... we laughed so much!!
After that I headed to kendo.... 2000 strokes... it was amazing. If you want more details... let me know. All I can say is... kendo is amazingly mental!!

Friday - Low key day... but on my way back from Kirsty's I got a text from one of my old students... and he said "are you free tomorrow? we can meet up!!" Now, this is one of my FAVE students of all time!! He's so cool... isn't a great English student, but just a really great kid. So, I was stoked about that!!

Saturday - Did some gardening... did some running... got a call from Daisuke around 2 saying, club's over... I'll go home and change then we'll come to your house. 3... Daisuke, Hisashi and me head for karaoke!! SO funny!! These boys just crack me up. Daisuke loves this group called "yuzu" and so... ended up being the self-proclaimed "yuzu baka" for the day.
After 4 hours (nearly) of karaoke, I had to take them home because I was meeting Lauren at 8 to see Roman Holiday. I love AUDREY!!! ;-)

Sunday - Saturday afternoon I got a text from my FAVE Ama-chu grad from this year... Kohei. He said, sorry I couldn't meet and do purikura the other day, wanna meet tomorrow. So... Sunday afternoon, I met Kohei in Sakata to do purikura. He's such a cutie!! He was all... this is funny, you're an adult. But I think telling him that I'm really not... and I'm a friend helped a bit. Silly boys! So, we did a bit of purikura... and then I drove him home since he'd just gotten done with hurdle practice. But had a great talk about running and English and stuff on the way back. MAN... I love that kid!!

Last night... Lauren and I did something really stupid! She mentioned that the foreign foods store has Boone's. So, being REALLY smart, we hopped in my car and got 4 bottles of Boone's and headed back to hers. The final conclusion: how did we EVER drink that stuff?? HOW?? The sweetness alone made us feel ill!!!

So... there's the grand update... hope this finds you all well!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

only if i had a million dollars