Tuesday, April 26, 2005

How FAB is today??

I woke up today... and the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and I'm happily sore! What a great way to start the day. :-)

This week has been awesome! I'm at my FAVE junior high. I love Amarume, but I don't have the bond with my students like at Tachikawa. The difference is in the size... I have almost 600 students at Amarume, but only 199 at Tachikawa. So, this week has been like a massive homecoming! And my kids have been awesome.

The new 1st years are SO cute! There are some super tiny kids, but there's also some REALLY tall kids. I'll never be able to explain why I have kids that are nearly 6' tall at 12 and then some who barely hit 4'. Bizarreness, eh?

One short bit about yesterday...
I planned a kendo extravaganza for myself. As I'll be in Tokyo for awhile (starting Thurs.), I wanted to get a good bit of kendo in before I went away. So, I went to club practice after school yesterday. I LOVE going to Tachikawa practice. The kids are helpful, they're encouraging, and they like that I'm there! And yesterday was no different. I had a GREAT time! I got home just past 6... and had just a little over an hour to wait before I went to kendo with Amarume. And that was great too!! I felt like I got a really good workout... and at the end I was BEAT!! Totally and completely. Thus the soreness when I woke up this morning... :-)

YAY!!! Today's going to be GREAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BASEBALL DAY!!