Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hello, you may have forgotten...

but my name's Alisha. And once upon a time, I really did try to keep up with my blog. Alas, it seems that life has been happening an awful lot lately. BUT it is now officially summer vacation and I'm going to do a bit of catching up.

What has happened in the last few months? Let's see....

I started a new job in April. I teach at two junior high schools. The make up of the schools are extremely different. One is a relaxed and fun place to work. The other is less fun (administration-wise), more uptight and less welcoming, but the kids are great and if I focus on them I really like the job. Sometimes that is a bit hard.

In June, I had an extremely short trip to Alaska (was on the ground 3 days!) for my brother's wedding. It was fantastic! I had a great time (though short) visiting and celebrating the happy occasion. It was also the first time I was a bridesmaid. :-) Being in Japan has eliminated many opportunities for that honor, but I couldn't pass up on it this time.

After returning from the wedding, it's been absolutely crazy busy with school. Had finals to give almost as soon as I arrived back in Japan and have barely had time to breathe since.

The wedding photos will be posted next!

No comments: