Friday, January 06, 2012

New year, new look.

So I've been spending the last few days trying to find a nice and convenient way to change the style of my blog. Many of my attempts have failed completely, but I think I found a way that I like and will be able to stick with as I move forward. After all, this new year holds lots of busy-ness and changes for us around here.

I decided to rename my blog "The Happy Katei." (Still not sure how to make katei italicized in the title! Eek! As I said, updates/changes have been hit or miss.) Katei is the word for home in Japanese. And while all relationships, couples, families... have ups and downs, the ultimate goal at the end of the day is a happy home.

My goal with this blog update is to a) keep up with it and b) allow friends and family from far and wide access to stories, pictures, and movies (a video camera is one of the things that we'll be purchasing very soon) of us and our new addition. Since he's due to make his appearance at the end of the month, I figured that taking care of blog maintenance early might be smart!

So here's to the New Year!

The Yamamoris - Christmas 2011





3 comments:

Jaime said...

I love it! And I echo the sentiment - we all want a happy home. :) Happy New Year!

Em said...

Hooray for new!

Alisha said...

Thanks guys!! I figure this way, I can always post new pictures along the header and - Ta-da - it looks a bit fresh... without much work. There will be more posting as we are 3 weeks from baby time! :-)