Thursday, March 03, 2005

ARGH!!!

About 2 weeks ago I asked my Mum a favor. I asked her if she could get me some posters for the Advanced English classroom. I sent her an email list and also talked to her on the phone about it... she said she'd be willing to help me. I asked for posters of movie stars, sports stars, music groups, maybe some hockey posters from UAF, and maybe a picture of the northern lights. I was really excited... this is going to be SO cool... so I thought.

Fast-forward to yesterday.

The posters had come in. I went after school to pick them up. Ran home to open the package... finally got it open... and out slid 3 posters. (I wanted somewhere around 9-10 posters.) Two posters of grizzly bears and one of the northern lights. That's it. The last thing I asked for... I got. And that was all.

Now, I'm not sure what to do. Take the really crap posters (they're pretty, but at 14 who wants to look at posters of bears??) for what I need. I'm at a complete loss...

Anyway... I suppose this teaches me... never expect that parents listen when you talk to them. Because likely as not... they're busy doing something else at the same time and are ignoring what you're saying. And they're just nodding and saying "uh huh, uh huh" over and over again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you said teachers you a lesson...hahaha thats funny