Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Best compliment EVER!

Last night was the good-bye party for my teachers who are moving schools in April. I found a way that I wouldn't have to drink (I had kendo... no one bothered me about drinking when I said I was going to kendo!!) and so I did my rounds to all the leaving teachers and headed out the door.

Before I ran away though, I was given the best compliment EVER!
I was talking to Suzuki-sensei. He's been here since I came to Japan. He's taken care of me and made sure that I've known what's going on with everything in the staff room and all that. Really great guy. This past year I did a team-teaching demonstration class that went really well. Anyway, as I was getting ready to leave the party he says to me, "I've taught with many ALTs over the years. But you have been the best." I was so shocked. That's the nicest compliment that I've ever been given. I almost started crying right then and there!! But I didn't... and I ran off and had a great night at kendo.

I'll always remember that compliment... thank you Suzuki-sensei!

No comments: