Friday, November 12, 2004

HELLO!!!

Hey everybody! I know it's been AGES since I've posted anything on my blog. It's just been very busy around here. And most of this week I was at a teacher's conference... separating me from my computer. ;-)

I took my driving test on Tuesday. Needless to say, I did not pass. Now I am a bit ashamed of losing my cool following the test... but to be fair, I'd had enough disappointment for one week (no concert and a freaking AWFUL conference go to... and then no license!! the concert was a MAJOR disappointment!) and I just couldn't handle a Japanese man patronizing me and telling me that I have to do all these stupid little things in order to be able to pass the test. Was SO not up for that!! AT ALL!! But... I have another test next Tuesday and driving school the day before. Going to kick its butt next time around!! ;-)

Then I had the Tendo Mid-Year Seminar for English teachers. I'm tired of doing these teacher's seminars because it's the same old stuff... every time. One time of telling us how to teach is enough... and this is the third of these things that I've gone to. NOT that impressed... but... I did have fun in the cultural workshops and my friend Bryan did a GREAT multiple-intelligences talk. The rest of the seminars (to be honest...) I picked based on people (and a little bit on usefulness, just a little). What can I say?? After 3 years... I should be exempt from this thing!!

This afternoon after we finished, Lauren and I headed to an onsen and then into Yamagata City to pick up her dad. He got in just after 7. Then dinner and home... I'm happily home... and really tired. Tomorrow... is an all-day study day!! ;-) I swear.

No comments: