Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Chagrine to admit...

So, back in my Truman runnings days... I hated it when we got honked or whistled at. "How degrading?" was always my comment...

Fastforward to my life in Japan... the life in which men never look at me twice.

So... I was running today. And ended up finding myself running alongside a construction site. And what do I hear, a little beeping sound... didn't notice at first, and certainly didn't think it was directed at me. But I turned my head, and sure enough there were a few construction worker types looking in my direction... one eventually waved and yelled "hi!"

I don't think I can express the delight of being honked at! I grinned the entire way home. Oh man!! I was a big "YOSH" moment... And lots of giddiness to follow. Yeah... so there's the highlight of my day... who'd a thunk it??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you stop and get a couple of phone numbers Alisha?!!

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you stop and get a couple of phone numbers Alisha?!!