Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Hahaha...

Now, for the past week or so... I've been a bit sad about my kids graduating. I snapped out of it a bit on Friday (had a really great I LOVE JAPAN night!), but managed to get back in the funk... well... I think it's over! I had a reassuring experience with some students today...

My house runs along a main road (you'd laugh if you saw the road!) that my kids use when they're going to school. So, it was sunny outside and I hung my head out the window. I was saying hello to a few of my kids... when some 2nensei boys rounded the corner and yelled hello.

Well, I figured that was an invitation to go have a chat... I got my shoes on and walked over to where they were. It was hilarious... they both thought I was an absolute NUTTER because I was in shorts and a t-shirt (had just returned from running)... and they'd just finished with their practice. So, I'm sitting there asking them how they've been when I realize one of the boys has bobby pins in his hair. Yep... I checked a second time... they were bobby pins alright.

So, I took a step closer, pointed and said "doshta no?" which basically means, "what's up with that?" He never did answer... but I had his friend in stitches... he knew, like I did, boys don't wear bobby pins!! Haha...

Then they were off to do MORE training... but that little exchange has given me a bit of faith that the new 3nensei may be cool afterall. :-) Yay for that!

BTW can anyone think of a reason boys would wear bobby pins??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw some sexy guys wearing bobby pins in Sendai. Kinda cool once you get used to it!

diandra said...

i think more boys should wear bobby pins. especially purple ones. amarume wa doko des ka?

diandra said...

ah, near sakata. sugoi des.