Sunday, October 17, 2004

BORED IN SHONAI!!!

Ok... so tonight, we reached a new low. I was SO bored tonight... but in that stir crazy kind of way... SO... we went looking for some excitement. I dragged Robbie and Garret along. :-) What are friends/sisters for? Well... we lucked out, oh yes... we hit the jackpot. Erm... maybe.

We headed up to Matsuyama observatory, mainly to have a look at the view of Shonai... but then went into the observatory... we got to look through a big telescope at the stars. I didn't really understand all that we were looking at, but it was pretty cool! I don't think I've ever seen whole star systems like that before. AND (this is the really good part!) we saw a shooting star!! Is luck in the stars?? Maybe?? Let's hope... I could use a bit of luck. Just a little....

After that, we did the usual... late-night food run (was actually quite hungry) and went for a bit of purikura (short for "print club" i.e. really silly picture-booth pictures). We found the BIGGEST dive of a game center (I wanted this GREAT purple sweatshirt that said VERMONT across the front, but a cooler Japaese guy had found it first!!)... and had a bit of fun. Then... the night, alas, was over... I'm barely awake here... but I had to write this great night into the history books... OH... and my house is SO cold. Yup, the temps have definitely dipped into the too cold to sleep bit of the thermometer. :-) Winter's coming!!

No comments: