Sunday, October 31, 2004

Weekend Update!

Hey there! Well, this weekend has been WILD! On Saturday, I had a choral competition for school all day. It's called bunkasai which means 'culture festival' but it's really just a choral competition. What happens is, each class from each grade chooses a song to perform and then there's a year-wide song to learn. On a Saturday in October (this past one), they perform them and the judges give awards to the top three in each grade.

It was AWESOME this year. The quality of the singing was much better than in the past two years. I dragged Garret along for the second half, when the 3rd years were performing. They did SO well. One of my fave classes won... they did an amazing job. They were clearly the best out of the 3rd year students.

So that was very exciting indeed...

Then we had a bit of a Halloween party at my house last night. I discarded the Betty Rubble costume... was feeling VERY fat yesterday. So, instead I went for the costume with coverage... I was a decent Trinity likeness... just needed better glasses. Will see about the party next weekend! What will I be then? ;-)

Last night was a nice night, I got to see people I haven't seen in an age... I also had a good talk with my girls (Kirsty and Lauren) which was nice. And believe me... my last months in Japan will not go wasted... I finally got a bit of perspective to things. Which was extremely helpful. Thank you to them... I felt really great this morning when I woke up. All except for the whole... hacking up a lung business (still a touch sick).

Anyway... this is a rambling post. I'll try to do something interesting in the next few days to update you all on. Going to go to bed early to catch up on sleep right now!

NIGHT!!!

No comments: