Monday, September 19, 2005

A great time...

Yesterday was a great day.

First, I woke up early and went to kendo... and had SO much fun!! I was completely worn out (and today I have battle scars...), but it was so good. I got tons of tips... and one of my sempai told me that I was actually improving... which is good coming from him because he's SUPER tough!

Then I came home, showered, started cleaning my room a bit... and got a call from Hikaru. So, we met up shortly after and headed for Ala Moana Shopping Center. The food court there is crazy big!! So I got a wrap and he got yummy Japanese curry... and we took it out to the beach and had lunch and a good chat. Eventually the sun got too hot and we went back inside to get a drink... and I needed to get some omiyage.

So... we went exploring the shopping center. I've never seen more name brand stores (Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Prada, etc.) all in one place. The only one we went into was Coach... Hikaru thought they'd try to speak to him in Japanese... but they didn't!! ;-) Finally we found ourselves downstairs buying macadamia nut candy for me to send to one of my kids (I promised!) and were out of there.

We road the bus back to campus and when we got off he said he'd walk me home... not too long after we got to my place, the boys showed up... and we got roped into playing forever! I think Zach and Jayce have a new favorite friend... they loved Hikaru!!

It was just such a nice day... Today was good too... but nothing truly spectacular happened. Yesterday was definitely the weekend highlight!!

No comments: