Sunday, January 30, 2005

Weekend fun!

This weekend has been SO busy!! But a great weekend all the same.

From Friday night I lived at Lauren's... we had some serious baking to do. :-) This weekend was the shower that we decided to throw for our friend Kim who's due on Feb. 19th. So, we had baby shower stuff to plan. :-)

Friday after kendo, I went to Lauren's and we baked. She'd already been baking for awhile... so I felt a bit bad. We were up until 2, baking and watching movies. End of day.

Saturday, we got up at around 9 to go snowboarding with our good friend Kirsty. WoW!!! We had such a great day. The weather was PERFECT. Lauren was able to begin mastering the use of her front edge, and Kirsty discovered something rather startling: my board was put together backwards. Therefore explaining some of the reason why I haven't had much luck with the whole front edge. Before next weekend I'm going to get that sorted out!!

After finishing that up, Lauren and I returned to baking... we produced some AMAZING cookies and a scrummy cake.

Today... well... today we awoke to horrendous weather. Strong winds, lots of snow. It was just really bad!!! In fact so bad that my car (I hadn't driven it in 2 days) didn't want to start. I eventually got it started (I reckon the gas lines were dry...) and headed home for a massive blitz on my house.

I'm happy to report that our baby shower went fantastic. Kim and Peter got some lovely things for the baby... and we played some fun and silly party games. I was astonished that we had as many people as we did... with the weather like it was. Oh, well... just goes to show that people will come out for friends. :-)

Hope your weekend's been great!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Party was great! Thanks to you and Lauren for organising it. And baking. And the games!