Sunday, January 23, 2005

Weekends...

This weekend started beautifully on Friday. Lauren and I headed up to our friend Kirsty's. We talked into the wee hours of the morning, catching up about all sorts of holiday goings on and just having a regular catch-up. It was great! Our original intention was to get up the next morning and go boarding. Ummmm... that didn't quite happen, but that's alright.

Then off to Sendai. We went for dinner at a LOVELY Indian restaurant. We've been twice and it's been amazing BOTH times. We will be fathful patrons of this restaurant until we are shipped away in August. Heehee... amazing food. Leaves the lips a tad bit tingly and everything. :-)

Now, the fun really began when we met up with our friend Rafael. We went to nomihodai (all you can drink) for two hours and then went dancing. Now... the drinking got insane right near the end of the two hours... we were interrupted by a Japanese university student... now, this student was particularly special because he had no shirt on AND had been written on by all of his friends. Now, it was quite the spectacle... amusing (especially when you've had a few drinks) and a bit sad. The thing was... this guy was such a sweet kid... and his friends weren't particularly malicious. I talked with him afterwards and he said his English was very bad (every Japanese person I've ever met says that!) and he wanted to practice.

Anyway... then the real fun began. We took our fairly drunk (or in the early stages of drunkenness...) selves to Bar Isn't it? Where Lauren and I were excited to find that the Hip-Hop was still playing... so we jumped right out onto the dance floor! Now things got very interesting (as nights out tend to...) and at the end of the evening we left in a hurry. The night was a success for everyone involved... I think, anyway.

Today was great as well. Instead of being aimless shoppers, Lauren and I decided what we wanted and went about getting it. Basically, we wanted herbal tea (it's COLD here in winter!! you go through it like mad!), a visit to the cute Japanese goods shop, a stop at the Nike store (no sports bras, but a really cool runing jacket that I couldn't justify getting!), and then out to The Mall. The Mall has lots of very nice stores... Lauren and I could have pillaged the NEXT out there. I tried on the most amazing looking pinstripe suit jacket. It was GREAT! But I couldn't afford it at the time... so it hangs away there... all lonely because it really wanted to come home with me. I did get a great sweater and other jacket (casual) for cheap though. Yay for the bargain hunter in me!

We both needed new running shoes, so we headed to the sports store as our last stop. Oh man!!! It was MECCA!!! There were so many different types of shoes... a HUGE selection of road flats... and generally good shoes. The problem was sizing and finding the perfect shoe. SO... I decided to give Mizuno's a try. I found some nice ones that feel nice and light. Wish me luck!! I can't wait to run in them tomorrow. :-)

There was the weekend... terribly exciting I know... ask specific questions... it was an INTERESTING weekend... but I don't feel like posting all the details.... ;-)


No comments: