Thursday, January 06, 2005

HELLO!!!!

Greetings from Kiwi-land... I'm reaching the end of my trip... I still love New Zealand. I'll DEFINITELY be back... it's hard to described how much I needed this holiday. The longer I'm here, the more I know that's true.

Sometimes Japan is just too much. Too difficult, too over-the-top, too difficult, too mundane, too exciting, too aggrivating, and the list goes on. The highs and lows in Japan make life exciting, but also make it too much to bear at times. Being here has made me realize just how important the holidays are... getting away and recharging is just as important for getting through life as the work and the play on normal days and normal weekends.

All that may sound REALLY obvious, but sometimes it's one of those GREAT holidays to bring things all into perspective.

As I finish out my last few days here I'll be... eating as much great food as possible, seeing a few films that won't be out in Japan for awhile, and just living in a society that's both my own and not. (Not sure that makes any sense whatsoever...) This vacation has made me see the importance of finding my own place... a place that really feels like home. Yes, I live in Japan... in many ways Japan is my home... but until everything fits together... living, working, loving, laughing... all that fits into my life... it's not quite complete.

So... this is a deep blog for not having written in awhile... hope that's ok. I'll be back to normal perky Alisha in short order... ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey I so sorry I missed you yesterday.
I hope you see this and contact me. I do want to see you before you head back to japan